Wednesday, August 24, 2011

RAIN Forest

My Plantation at the Office

When did I started loving plants and trees? I don't really remember but as a child I am at my happiest when I am up a tree any fruit bearing trees (or not) and reading a book. Being in family of Six children, I didn't really had the privacy. The little monkeys oops my siblings are noisy and crazy, snot in their nose and smelly soiled diapers so up the tree I goes (well I am a monkey too, I guess).  How many times my parents reminded me that I was a girl and girls don't climb trees wearing dresses and showing their knickers but boy did I ever listen?

Okay back to loving the plants (and Trees)....
I love their fruits...I love them as foods..I even like them as decorations
But that's not LOVE..just a necessity. 

Until I met Claire Hatab, the wife of Doctor Hatab my boss.  I used to work in a Medical Office when I was in Tennessee as their office manager. Claire love plants and flowers our office looks more like a garden than a clinic or medical office. Our patients really admire them. Anyhoo, Claire told me one day that I will take care of these plants (one of my duties and responsibilities) I don't know anything about Medicine, Patients, Diseases and  of course PLANTS! ask me again why I work there? I needed the change..I needed the excitement of learning new stuff. So......back to plants...On the first day I was left alone with them, I had a heart to heart talk to the plants (I felt stupid) knowing that they will not understand, so most probably I was talking only to myself.

"Plants...pretty and beautiful plants, listen to me! I am your new MOM...I will be the one taking care of you guys from now on so you better not die on me or my boss will fire me..when I told you to drink water...you drink water..and grow and flower..whatever you guys do..DON"T DIE!!!, okay" I told them.

I looked at them waiting for the scream................Silence.

Days passed, then weeks..I am learning medicine as if I was born to do it..my boss noticed my knack of remembering all the medical terms he taught me, my superb organizational skill and of course my charm of making our old patients smile and chit-chat with me.

Then one day I looked up and noticed the vine nearer to me..and for some reason I can feel it...as if it's watching me I looked at all the plants and all the leaves are all leaning and growing towards me...scary right? YOU BET your ass it was scary! But they are just plants, innocent looking plants...something in my heart made me realized as stupid and slow as I am..THEY ARE ALIVE!, they can hear me..notice me..being there with me..loving me..I can't hear them talk like pets..but in their own little ways I know they love me by being beautiful and thriving..one day my Boss's wife came down to visit bringing me some goodies and she was surprised how her plants have grown..she said: "You have a green thumb"

From then on, I fell crazily and irrevocably in love with plants (and Trees). wherever I go I always have plants surrounding me..I can't live without them..my cubicle in the office looks like a farm and everybody was amazed how can I possibly have this plants as green as this in not so perfect environment for them..I told them LOVE is enough  (and water and some vitamins, of course).

Oh...I am not working at the Medical office anymore though the Doctor and his wife are still my friends now. I may be good with documentation but I am not a "patient person" I failed the number one rule in healthcare and medical business:

  • Thou shall not get too close and get attached with thy patients. 
One of my fave patient died and it broke my heart.

I just love plants............ ( and Trees...PaLmtrees especially)


created by: Rain


No comments: