Friday, August 26, 2011

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP

by Pam Enriquez Palad on Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 12:05am
I am listening to Libera tonight and I’ve heard this song for the first time, just the title itself touched me deeply…it inspired me to compose a poem with the same title.  Do not get alarmed though ha-ha-ha..I am in the best of everything, I just love writing morbid thoughts as my way of extracting negativity from the inside out…here goes:


DO NOT STAND IN MY GRAVE AND WEEP
by☂♥Rain♥☂
082308 @ 11:43PM


God gave you life go and celebrate it..
God gave you health do not waste it.
Smile and face the world, shoulder straight,
Your castle is there, your dreams await..


Sing no sad song for me, I won’t hear the melodies
But rather dance, be happy coz no more agonies…
All was left of me are the memories….
pick the good ones, not those tinge with worries.


Plant no flowers in my grave, it’s useless…
Their beauty I won’t see, the smell I won’t care less.
But I ask you to plant me a big, big tree..
Branches reaching to the heavens, leaves swaying free..


Do not stand at my grave and weep..
Go home, get dressed and pray before you sleep.
because tomorrow is another day, my sweet..
Maybe it would be the day that you and I again shall meet.

1 comment:

Pamela Rain said...

Reposted from my Facebook notes 2 years ago..it's ironic that 3 days after that my Mom got diagnosed with Stomach Cancer.