Friday, January 17, 2014

How Do You Like Your Eggs?



The power of knowing thyself starts with a simple question as--How Do You Like Your Eggs?
One of my favorite movie is the Runaway Bride by Julia Roberts and she was the character, Maggie.  On one of the scene, Maggie realized that she never knew how she likes her eggs, it always depends on her present fiancé‎ and somehow whatever the guy prefers, she will just take that as hers too, losing herself in that relationship until she don't know herself anymore and she will run away on the day of the wedding. Really sounds familiar. You can ask my...........

Anyway, back to the topic!

I enjoy my eggs in many different ways and it depends on my mood, BUT I have specifics on every way it was prepared!

First and foremost, I like BROWN eggs NOT white. I want them organics or "Fertile" just like God made them originally, from a mommy hen and daddy rooster:


  • Scrambled: I want it with onions and it should be cooked enough and not runny but not too dry.
  • Fried: I want it well done and the edges browned and the yolk really cooked well.
  • Boiled: Now, this getting complicated..I want the egg to be: 
             a. Yolk should be in the middle - for this you need to have a thong holding it upright.
             b. I want the white part solid, and the yolk creamy - it's called 2-minute-egg 
  • I will not eat "deviled-egg" unless you call them Angel-Eggs, you know.....................
  • Egg Benedict is good but very seldom I make them because the hollandaise sauce is too rich
  • Omelets - will save the day anytime but nahhhh...not really my fave...
  • Korean Spa Eggs (Jjimjilbang 달걀 dalgyal) - Now, we're talking. I love them.

  • Japanese Marinated Eggs (Ajitsuke Tamago) that they put on Ramen and other Noodle Soups
Wait.................................

We are only talking about eggs right? so, how can I possibly keep my sanity much more a relationship if I am this complicated?



Sigh.................................

Bottomline:

Yes, I know how I like my eggs.

I prayed and prayed for God's guidance and He answered my prayers, well----He already answered before but I kept on denying it and denying it and reasoned out and in the process, I got hurt...I got broken....cried, got mad, cried again and finally I reached the point that I finally realized that I don't have a choice but to accept it. God wants me to be focused on HIM and to be still and listen and know (and accept) that He is God and that He is total control. This year 2014 (and beyond), I decided that I will enjoy my solitude, my freedom and single-blessedness and follow Him. Oh Lord, yes! I am carrying my cross and the burden and the weight of it reminds me of how the Lord loves me and that I am His child, His heir. I refused my inheritance before and I got a splinter in my heart in the shape of a cross, reminding me everyday that I belong to Him and no one else's.

How about you my friend, How Do You Like Your Eggs?

/♥ℛ@!η♥@SweetKalamansi
The day of our Lord, 011714 


             
  





No comments: