Friday, September 9, 2011

I love....

I love knowing you were always there.
I love the feeling of security, that I am not alone.
I love the stupid fights that either made us shut up until next time or somehow made us stronger.
I love holding your calloused hands, it shows you are a man.
I love you holding back, I love you not holding back.
I love your scruff and always being amazed that I walked away without severe beard-burn.
I love those nights when we didn't want to stop being with each other.
I even love getting so pissed at something you would say or do and trying to deal with it on my own until you made me 'fess up.
I love surprising you.
I love being surprised by the glimpses of your sensitive side every now and then.
I love the look you'd get when I'd touch your cheek and smile at you.
I love how you thought you were so stealth with your mood changes when you really can't hide them from me.
I love all your flaws, it makes you special.
Thank you for being who you are.
Thank you for accepting who I am.
Thank you for staying.

No comments: